Shoppers are more likely to search for specific car brands, while those doing early research focus on more generic terms. Advertisers should generate awareness about their brand early on, when prospective buyers are more receptive to learning about the available options.
10 Predictions for 2017
1) Artificial Intelligence won’t put marketers out of work – yet
2) Some time in 2017, a live digital video stream will achieve a primetime tv-size audience
3) Internet users still won’t change their behaviors despite hacking scares
4) Chatbots – lots of talk, not so much action
5) 2017 will be the year of ‘authentically mobile experiences’
6) Online grocery shopping will jump in 2017, with brick-and-mortar stores playing a starring role
7) Marketers will make the move to more complex forms of attribution modeling in 2017
8) Next year will be the tipping point for mobile messaging, as more than half of mobile users will use such apps
9) Influences will take a significant chunk of the ad market in 2017
10) virtual reality won’t be a significant marketing channel until hardware becomes more widespread
Our mobile-first world creates tremendous growth opportunities for marketers, and those who are evolving their approach to measurement to account for this new behavior are seeing the greatest results. We looked at the three core beliefs about measurement shared by leading marketers.
For growth-driven marketers, measurement isn’t an afterthought. It’s one of the key reasons they’re succeeding and growing in an ever-changing, mobile-first world. By evolving their approach to focus on business objectives first, use available tools and resources to bridge the gaps, and test bigger questions, they’re learning more quickly what really drives value.
It’s worth asking how you can take your own step forward on this journey. Do your KPIs accurately reflect your top business objectives? Do you know where you can and can’t attribute the impact of mobile on your business? And, how can you bridge those gaps? Have you experimented to find new business value from mobile?
Leading marketers don’t have a secret tool or a perfect KPI, but they do have the mindset to recognize the new opportunities and challenges brought on by mobile, and the flexibility to rethink measurement for growth.