Shoppers are more likely to search for specific car brands, while those doing early research focus on more generic terms. Advertisers should generate awareness about their brand early on, when prospective buyers are more receptive to learning about the available options.
10 Predictions for 2017
1) Artificial Intelligence won’t put marketers out of work – yet
2) Some time in 2017, a live digital video stream will achieve a primetime tv-size audience
3) Internet users still won’t change their behaviors despite hacking scares
4) Chatbots – lots of talk, not so much action
5) 2017 will be the year of ‘authentically mobile experiences’
6) Online grocery shopping will jump in 2017, with brick-and-mortar stores playing a starring role
7) Marketers will make the move to more complex forms of attribution modeling in 2017
8) Next year will be the tipping point for mobile messaging, as more than half of mobile users will use such apps
9) Influences will take a significant chunk of the ad market in 2017
10) virtual reality won’t be a significant marketing channel until hardware becomes more widespread
Our mobile-first world creates tremendous growth opportunities for marketers, and those who are evolving their approach to measurement to account for this new behavior are seeing the greatest results. We looked at the three core beliefs about measurement shared by leading marketers.
For growth-driven marketers, measurement isn’t an afterthought. It’s one of the key reasons they’re succeeding and growing in an ever-changing, mobile-first world. By evolving their approach to focus on business objectives first, use available tools and resources to bridge the gaps, and test bigger questions, they’re learning more quickly what really drives value.
It’s worth asking how you can take your own step forward on this journey. Do your KPIs accurately reflect your top business objectives? Do you know where you can and can’t attribute the impact of mobile on your business? And, how can you bridge those gaps? Have you experimented to find new business value from mobile?
Leading marketers don’t have a secret tool or a perfect KPI, but they do have the mindset to recognize the new opportunities and challenges brought on by mobile, and the flexibility to rethink measurement for growth.
Automotive Shopping Moments on Smartphone
> Which car is best moments
> Is it right for me moments
> Can I afford it moments
> Where should I buy it moments
> Am I getting a deal moments
Executive Summary topics:
1) Connectivity and digitization is sky rocketing
2) The countdown for disruption has already started
3) The center of gravity of the customer relationship will shift
4) Business models will be circling in different orbits
5) Data is the fuel that informational engineering ignites
6) The race to the planet of data has not been decided
Media topics include insights on: eBay Motors, CarFax, Proactive Dealer Solution
Software topics include insights on: DealeSocket, ELEAD, AutoLoop/Infomedia
Observed trends: digital retailing (DR) and Analytics
Digital touchpoints on an individual’s (Stacy) car shopping journey.
71% of Stacy’s digital interactions occurred on mobile.
Displays her search keywords framed within moments: which car is best, is it right for me, can I afford it, where should I buy it, am I getting a deal – see what the results are for an individual’s (Stacy) car shopping journey.
This StatPack includes updated eMarketer forecasts and third-party data for two key areas: U.S. Social Network Usage and U.S. Social Network Ad Spending
1) Total Social Network Usage and User Demographics
2) Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/Pinterest/Tumblr Usage
3) U.S. Social Network Ad Spending
4) Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn Ad Revenues
Learn how technology is transforming auto ownership & purchasing.
We surveyed consumers about streaming content and the evaluated their reaction to a video on the KBB streaming channel.
Survey Dates: February 11th – 18th, 2016 (n=119)
Chat Dates: February 25th (n=10)
It’s recommended to launch the KBB channel beyond
Roku, as most consumers do not own one, and would
A large proportion of consumers stream content to not purchase one in order to watch the channel.